Cast Your Vote for the Best Picture of Car-Free Kiddies in Cities
Are cities good places for children?
The hundreds of beautiful photos you all sent in to our Kiddies + Cities Photo Contest, co-sponsored by the Alliance for Biking & Walking, testify that the answer to that question is “yes.” The vibrancy and diversity in cities make them fertile ground for children’s sponge-like minds and boundless energy. And what better way is there to model healthy, active living for your kids than to walk, bike, and explore the city with them outside the confines of a car?
Now we need your help. We couldn’t pick just two winners, so please help us out by voting for your favorite picture. The top two vote-getters will win free Breezer bikes! (Click any photo to enlarge.)
Polls close at 5:00 p.m. next Monday, October 7 and our winners will be announced the next day.
Cast your vote!
- Isabelle. Photo by Dave Cowan (41%, 259 Votes)
- Onderwater Tandem to School, New York City. Photo by Doug Gordon (26%, 165 Votes)
- Conversations, New York City. Photo by Liz Patek (15%, 93 Votes)
- Kristin, Aurora, and Embry riding the W&OD trail in Herndon, VA. Photo by Brian W. Knight (5%, 33 Votes)
- Fountains at Millennium Park, Chicago. Photo by Andrew Nothstine (5%, 30 Votes)
- Kidical Mass. Photo by Barry Lewis (4%, 23 Votes)
- Getting ready, Atlanta. Photo by Michelle J. Marcus Rushing (3%, 17 Votes)
- Mother and child crossing the street at Orenco Station in Hillsboro, Oregon. Photo by Derek Severson (2%, 15 Votes)
- Waiting for taxi, near Union Square, Manhattan. Photo by Andrew Nothstine (1%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 639