- Both Chambers Agree to Conference Report on 2012 Budget For Transpo and 4 Other Agencies (WaPo)
- Boxer, House Dems Slam GOP Drill Bill; Even James Inhofe Knows It’s a Loser (EPW, The Hill)
- OpenMarket: Oil Drilling Is Great, But Wouldn’t It Be Better Just to Kill Transit Funding?
- Supercommittee is Floundering, And the Consequences of Failure Aren’t Immediate Enough (WaPo)
- FTA Advises Transit Agencies to Prepare For Climate Change, Flooding (Transpo Nation)
- Feds Give $112 Million For Energy Efficiency Improvements to Transit (Reuters)
- The Sharrow Grows Up (Grist)
- How LEED Certification Disincentivizes Landlords to Build Bike Rooms (NYT)
- Sure, Suburbanization Sounded Great When You Lived in 19th Century London Slums (NatGeo)
- Hybrid Cars Are 20% More Likely to Hit a Pedestrian (Auto News)
- Achieving Goals of Fuel Efficiency and Lower VMT Leads to Disaster (Economist)
- A New Car? That’ll Be Nearly Half Your Annual Family Income, Thanks. (Marketwatch)
- “Scofflaw” Cyclists Are Compelled By Physics to Blow Through Stop Signs (TreeHugger)
The Streetsblog staff is in meetings today and will be on a light publishing schedule.