UPDATE: Well, this is embarrassing and a little maddening. We have been hacked through our hack-proof captcha coding. So, we’re shutting this sucker down and calling the winners based on voting as of May 10, when the hacking started. We will steer clear of Google polls in the future, and we sincerely apologize to everyone who voted and most especially to everyone who submitted photos. Winners will be announced tomorrow.
Last week, we brought you the best 10 pictures from our photo contest of biking and walking in the rain and snow. They were pretty beautiful, weren’t they? Well, unfortunately, someone got a little too enthusiastic about his or her favorite pictures and hacked the voting over the weekend.
We’ve made a more secure form for our Showers & Snow photo contest and are keeping voting open for a while longer. The final winners will be decided by combining the pre-hack votes with votes cast between now and 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 14. It’s not a perfect system, we know, but it’s the most fair solution we could come up with.
The new deadline for voting will be 5:00 p.m. tomorrow, Wednesday, May 14. Winners will be announced the next day.
The two winners will win free sets of waterproof Ortlieb panniers and bike bags.
1. “Blizzard 2013,” by Todd Consentino:
2. “Got Fenders?” by Chris Chaney:
3. “Walking toward the Capitol in a snowstorm,” by Joe Flood:
4. “Viking Biking,” by Liz Patek:
5. “Two Scarves are Better Than One,” by Lily Monster:
6. “Upper East Side, New York City” by Joanna Smith:
7. “Ciclovia in Bogota, Colombia,” Risa Sibbitt:
8. “Blizzard Walker,” by Corey Templeton:
9. “Snow cyclist on Madison Av,” by Joe Flood:
10. “Starting off 2014 with a Blizzard morning commute, January 3, Brooklyn,” by Taylor Reiss Gouge: